Participants will be able to recognize the safety hazards in Shipyard work, aware on the preventive measures to adopted, and the importance of observing Safety signs and safe work procedures.
· Understand legal obligations in workplace safety and health
· Identify hazards in shipyard
· Recognize all types of industrial safety signs
· Apply for safety permit prior to hot work
· Put on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Take safety precautions when working with different hazards
· Respond in case of emergency or fire.
Who to Attend: Mandatory for all workers working in the shipbuilding and ship repairing industry: (a) Construction foreman (b) Clerk of works (c) Site engineers
Medium: English, Chinese, Tamil, Bengali
Legal Requirement: The Workplace Safety and Health (Shipbuilding and Ship-repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 6 (2) stipulates that “It shall be the duty of every person not to carry out any hazardous work in a shipyard or on board a ship in a harbour unless he has undergone a safety and health training course approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health
Pre-Requisite Workers whose have successfully completed SSIC-GT and the safety pass is not expired
Course Duration: 1 hrs
Trainer/Trainee Ratio: 1:40
Certification: Upon Successful completion of the course August International Pte Ltd card will be rewarded.